You should be able to use Bulb easily regardless of your situation. That's why we've made the most accessible website of any energy supplier. All pages on bulb.co.uk are accessible for screen readers and other assistive technologies.
Priority Services Register
If you're of pensionable age, disabled or chronically ill, we can also add you to our Priority Services Register. To register, give us a call on 0300 30 30 635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. When you are on the Priority Services Register you can take advantage of our services designed to make your life easier.
- You can nominate someone to take care of your account for you.
- We can install a smart meter if you're unable to read or top up your meter.
- If you're concerned about your security, you can set a password for our representatives to use to identify themselves (they will always wear an identity card as well).
- If you're having trouble reading your statements, we can assist you.
- We can make sure you get advanced notice of planned power cuts and have priority for reconnection to the grid.
Supporting people with visual impairments
We communicate by emails which are screen reader accessible. If emails don't work for you, we can send you account and bill information by post in a larger print.
Supporting people with hearing impairments
If you're hard of hearing you can contact us through email or web chat. Alternatively, British Sign Language (BSL) users can use a Video Relay service.
British sign language video relay service
Members who prefer to use BSL can call us using a SignLive video interpreter. It's free and is available from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm. Sign up for SignLive account and use their translator to call Bulb on 0300 30 30 635.
Helping you read your meter
If you have trouble reading your electricity or gas meter, we'll install a smart meter for you so you can keep on top of your usage in your Bulb Account.
We keep any information you provide us strictly confidential. We will have to share this information with other businesses directly involved in supplying your energy. By joining the Priority Services Register, you agree to allow us to share this information to the extent it is reasonably necessary.