Skip to content

If you can smell gas or think there's a gas leak

Go outside, then call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999 to report a suspected gas leak. They'll advise you from there.

Stay safe by following this advice:

  • open your doors and windows so the gas can escape
  • don't smoke or use matches or cigarette lighters
  • don't turn light switches or anything electrical on or off, including mobile phones
  • don't go into confined spaces, such as small cellars or attics
  • if you can, turn off your gas supply at the meter and leave it switched off until you're sure it's safe to turn it back on again

Don't go back inside until the National Gas Emergency Service have given you the all clear.

If you've had a power cut

If you've lost power to your whole home, call 105 to reach your local network operator. They should be able to help.

We've got some advice in our Help Centre if you've lost power to part of your home, or your local network operator says your area isn't affected by a power cut.

If you still need emergency help

For other emergences, including if your meter is faulty, or your top up key or card isn't working, you can:

Request an emergency callback

Date of birth

Your situation (select all that apply)