While this is a legal agreement, we have tried to write it in a way that is clear and easy to understand. If there is anything you are not sure about in this agreement, please get in touch with our Member Support Team. We would love to hear from you.
This document sets out the terms and conditions that are applicable to participation in the UK government’s Feed-in Tariff scheme (FIT Scheme) via Bulb.
To start, here are some definitions of terms used throughout the document:
- A legally binding Agreement between you and us in relation to your participation in the FIT Scheme via Bulb made up of: our Feed-in Tariff terms and conditions (this document), our Confirmation, any other agreements you receive from us.
- (May also be referred to as “we” or “us”.) Bulb is our trading name. We are an energy supplier and an Ofgem registered FIT Licensee. Our registered company and the energy licence holder is Bulb Energy Limited Company Number 8469555 registered in England. Our registered business address is 155 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3TQ.
- "You" are the FIT generator, i.e. the owner of an eligible renewable electricity generating system, that wishes to participate in the FIT Scheme and has selected Bulb to be your FIT licensee.
- Annual Declaration
- A declaration that will be signed by you every year confirming that the details you have provided to us relative to your Installation are still current and correct.
- Application Form
- Our FIT sign up form, or any other application form or documents which we may have required you to provide by way of your application to us to participate in the FIT Scheme. If you provide us with additional or revised information as part of the application process, that information will be treated for the purposes of this Agreement as being part of the Application Form.
- Application Date
- The date from which a FIT generator submits a complete application form to us.
- The Office of the Gas and Electricity Markets, the authority responsible for administering the FIT Scheme
- Central FIT Register
- The register maintained by Ofgem for the purposes of the FIT Scheme (that holds information about all eligible Installations, owners and nominated recipients).
- Commissioning Date
- The date that such procedures and tests have been completed as constitute, at the time they are undertaken, the usual industry standards and practices for commissioning that type of Installation such that it is capable of operating at its Declared Net Capacity (assuming that the relevant Eligible Low-Carbon Energy Source was available to it without interruption or limitation).
- The emails and document(s) that we may send you that will: confirm that your application to participate in the FIT Scheme via Bulb has been successful, contain details relating to the registration of your Installation on the Central FIT Register.
- Confirmation Date
- Date Bulb receives confirmation from Ofgem that a FIT Installation: is classed as accredited, has gained entry into a tariff period, is entered onto the Central FIT Register.
- Deemed Export
- Occurs when you export electricity to the distribution network but do not have anexport meter.
- Eligible Installation
- (May also be referred to as “Installation”.) The renewable electricity generating system described in the Application Form is an “Eligible Installation” within the meaning of the FIT Scheme Rules.
- Eligibility Date
- The date from which an Installation is eligible to receive FIT payments. For Installations with MCS certificate issue dates on or after 15 January 2016 the Eligibility Date will be the later of: the date of the FIT generator’s application to the FIT Licensee, the start of the tariff period that the Installation falls into. For Installations with a declared net capacity of over 50kW, the eligibility date is a receipt by Ofgem of a FIT generator’s written request for ROO-FIT accreditation in a form acceptable to Ofgem (for Installations).
- Export Meter
- A meter which measures the amount of electricity, generated by your Installation, which is then exported to the grid.
- Export Meter Reading
- The measure by an Export Meter of the amount of electricity, generated by your Installation, which has been exported to the grid.
- Export Payment
- A payment under the FIT Scheme which is based on the amount of electricity, generated by your Installation, which has been exported to the grid and measured by the applicable Export Meter or (where applicable) which is deemed as having been exported to the grid.
- Eligibility Date
- The date from which your entitlement to FIT Payments begins, as recorded in the Central FIT Register and provided to you in the Confirmation.
- Eligibility Period
- The period during which you are entitled to receive FIT Payments, as recorded in the Central FIT Register and provided to you in the Confirmation.
- Eligibility End Date
- The date from which your entitlement to FIT Payments ends, as recorded in the Central FIT Register and provided to you in the Confirmation.
- FIT Licensee
- A licensed electricity supplier that is participating in the FIT Scheme (includes both Mandatory and Voluntary Licensees).
- FIT Payment
- A payment under the FIT Scheme in respect of electricity generated by your Installation, being either a Generation Payment or an Export Payment.
- FIT Scheme
- The Feed-in Tariff scheme administered by Ofgem (for more information see here: www.ofgem.gov.uk/ ).
- FIT Scheme Rules
- Includes: the Feed-in Tariff Order 2012 (as amended - www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/2782/contents/made ), the standard licence conditions applicable to licensed electricity suppliers that govern the operation of the FIT Scheme, any other legislation, rules or guidance (including guidance published by Ofgem) which apply to the FIT Scheme from time to time. As at the date of issue of these terms and conditions, further information on these rules can be found on the Ofgem website at www.ofgem.gov.uk;
- Generation Meter
- A meter which measures the amount of electricity generated by your Installation.
- Generation Meter Reading
- The measure by a generation meter of the amount of electricity generated by your Installation.
- Generation Payment
- A payment under the FIT Scheme which is based on the amount of electricity generated by your Installation and measured by the generation meter.
- Meter Reading
- Either a Generation Meter Reading and/or an Export Meter Reading.
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme, a nationally recognised quality assurance scheme, supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. MCS certifies microgeneration technologies used to produce electricity and heat from renewable sources. More details on the website: www.microgenerationcertification.org.
- Metering Regulations
- All regulations with which Generation Meters and/or Export Meters must comply as part of the FIT Scheme Rules, including (as at the date on which these terms and conditions are issued: Schedule 7 to the Electricity Act 1989; The Meters (Approval of Pattern or Construction and Manner of Installation) Regulations 1998, (S.I. 1998/1565); The Meters (Certification) Regulations 1998 (S.I. 1998/1566); The Electricity (Approval of Pattern or Construction and Installation and Certification) (Amendment) Regulations 2002 (S.I. 2002/3129); The Measuring Instruments (EC Requirements) (Electrical Energy Meters) Regulations 1995 (S.I. 1995/2607); The Measuring Instruments (EC Requirements)(Electrical Energy Meters) (Amendment) Regulations 2002 (S.I. 2002/3082); The Measuring Instruments (Active Electrical Energy Meters) Regulations 2006 (S.I. 2006/1679).
- Nominated Recipient
- A person appointed by you to receive particular FIT Payments and recorded as such on the Central FIT Register.
- Refers to the periods which are used, under the FIT Scheme Rules, for administering payments to and from FIT Licensees in relation to the FIT Scheme. As at the date on which these terms and conditions were issued, the periods in question are the periods ending 31 March, 30 June, 31 August and 31 December in each year. We will pay you after we have received corresponding payments from Ofgem or as soon as we are able to before that.
- Reading Date
- Means the date(s) by which you are required to provide us with an Export Meter Reading and/or a Generation Meter Reading, as applicable, for particular Quarters. These will be the dates set out in the Confirmation or any revised dates that we decide should apply, and then tell you about, in order to reflect changes to the Quarterly basis on which we administer FIT Payments.
- Renewables Obligation Order Feed-in Tariffs, a scheme administered by Ofgem. For more information: www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/fit/applicants/roo-fit-large-installations.
- Tariff Code
- A code generated by the Central FIT Register for each FIT Installation registered on it that determines the generation and Export Tariff rates.
- Export Tariff Rate
- A £/kWh unit rate used to calculate export payments that is associated with a given tariff code as set by Ofgem from time to time.
- Generation Tariff Rate
- A £/kWh unit rate used to calculate generation payments that is associated with a given tariff code as set by Ofgem from time to time.
- Accuracy check performed on Meter Readings against the information that we hold about your Installation to make sure the reads are (roughly) inline with what we'd expect.
When this Agreement begins
Our Agreement together begins, and your participation in the FIT Scheme via us will become fully effective, as soon as all of the following have happened:
we have received a signed document (electronic or paper) from you confirming your agreement to Bulb’s FIT Scheme statement of FIT terms (i.e. these terms and conditions);
your Installation has been registered successfully on the Central FIT Register;
your Installation is recorded on the Central FIT Register as being owned by you; and
we are recorded on the Central FIT Register as being the “FIT Licensee” in respect of your Installation;
You agree that you have entered into this Agreement with Bulb in your personal capacity and you have not entered into this Agreement with Bulb via any other third party agent.
Confirmation of this Agreement
You will receive confirmation of this Agreement from Bulb which will detail the following:
your Confirmation Date, your Eligibility Date, your Eligibility End Date, your Eligibility Period, your relevant Tariff Code, as recorded on the Central FIT Register and based on information you have provided about your Installation;
your Generation Tariff and (if applicable) Export Tariff rates applicable to your Installation on the Confirmation Date;
the frequency we require Meter Readings from you and the frequency you will receive FIT payments; and
any other information that Ofgem requires us to provide you as per the FIT Scheme Rules.
You confirm you are eligible for the Feed-in Tariff because:
your renewable electricity generating system as described in your application form is an “eligible Installation” within the meaning of the FIT Scheme Rules;
you are the owner of the Installation;
your Installation is located in Great Britain;
your Installation has a Total Installed Capacity (within the meaning of the FIT Scheme Rules) of no more than 5MW (or 2kW for micro CHP systems);
your Installation does not contain equipment which has previously been accredited under the FIT Scheme or any other renewables support scheme;
your Installation has been commissioned and is MCS certified or ROO-FIT accredited (in either case, within the meaning of the FIT Scheme Rules);
you did not receive any financial subsidies from a public fund that is non-permitted by the FIT Scheme Rules, in respect to the costs of purchasing and/ or installing your Installation. If you have received any grants in relation to these costs, you have informed us of this and have repaid the grants in question if this is required, in accordance with the FIT Scheme Rules;
you have not claimed, and will not be claiming, renewables obligation certificates (ROCs) in relation to your Installation;
you have not received, and will not be receiving, any FIT payments from any organisation apart from Bulb for the electricity generated by your Installation for the duration of this
if your Installation is “off-grid” within the meaning of the FIT Scheme Rules, your intention is to use any and all electricity generated by your Installation and you understand that any electricity generated but not so used will not be eligible for payments under the FIT Scheme;
If your Installation is “off-grid” within the meaning of the FIT Scheme Rules, you have received a grant from public funds in relation to your Installation and (where possible to do so under the FIT Scheme Rules) you still wish to claim payments under the FIT Scheme by making use of the “de minimis” exemption under state aid rules, your Installation is not an undertaking by virtue of carrying on any other economic activity and you do not and will not sell any of the electricity it generates.
Changes to your Installation and your eligibility
You agree that you will sign the Annual Declaration that we will send to you every year before the anniversary of your Confirmation Date with Bulb, confirming that the details you have provided to us relative to your Installation are still current and correct. Failure to sign this declaration will lead to the suspension of your FIT payments;
You agree that you will ensure that if any information you have already provided to us ceases to be accurate, you will inform us in writing of the change as soon as possible. You will also provide us with the correct, updated information, including any appropriate supporting documentation that may be needed to verify the change (examples include, but are not limited to: extensions or reductions that modify the capacity of your Installation such as equipment breakdown or planned maintenance which could affect generation output, ownership changes, changes in your generation meter);
When you tell us about a change, we may need to update the Central FIT Register. Once this Central FIT Register change has been confirmed by Ofgem, we will send you an updated confirmation which will include your new tariff code and rates, if these have changed. The relevant changes will apply from the date on which Ofgem confirms they should take effect;
If you fail to inform us about a change, and we discover this change we are required to inform Ofgem. Ofgem will decide what action is to be taken. This may involve us recovering, reducing or suspending your FIT Payments;
As required by Ofgem, you must ensure that you retain for at least one year any information which you receive from us, or provide to us, in relation to the FIT Scheme and/or this Agreement. This includes all Meter Readings taken from or supplied by you, as well as details of all payments made to you under the FIT Scheme.
Payment amounts and tariff rates
The amount of any FIT Payments paid to you will be calculated by reference to the FIT Scheme Rules, including the generation and Export Tariff rates published by Ofgem under these rules and applicable to your Installation. If tariff rates are changed by Ofgem, or any other changes occur to the FIT Scheme Rules which affect the basis on which FIT Payments are made, these changes will be reflected in the FIT Payments that you are entitled to receive under this Agreement;
Generation payments will be calculated by multiplying the applicable Generation Tariff rate (with reference to the data in the Central FIT Register for your Installation) by the amount of kWh generated by your Installation over a given time period (during your Eligibility Period) as based on the Meter Readings that you provide and we have validated;
Export payments will be calculated by multiplying the applicable Export Tariff rate (with reference to the data in the Central FIT Register for your Installation) by the amount of kwh exported. This amount is calculated based on the Meter Readings that you provide and we have validated if an export meter is installed, or by a deemed % of your Generation Meter Reading as set out in the FIT Scheme Rules.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement and the FIT Scheme Rules, you will be entitled to receive FIT Payments from Bulb during the period from your Confirmation Date to your Eligibility End Date (unless this Agreement is terminated earlier);
As long as you provide us with the required quarterly Meter Readings, which we are able to validate, we will send you a FIT payment each quarter until the Eligibility End Date (unless this Agreement is terminated earlier);
We will seek to send your FIT payments to you within 60 calendar days, subject (where applicable), to us first having received an appropriate VAT invoice.
We will make payments to you via bank transfer or other payment method that we have agreed with you (for example, transferring payments to your Bulb supply account);
VAT and Taxes
You will be solely responsible for the payment of any and all taxes due in respect to FIT export payments made to you;
You will be responsible for determining whether you are required to pay VAT on payments that you earn from exported electricity to the grid from your Installation – please refer to HMRC for further guidance on this point;
If you are a VAT registered generator, we will send you a self-billing agreement form that must be signed and returned before your first payment is made;
When a self-billing agreement has been signed, we’ll calculate the VAT for your quarterly FIT export payments and send you a self-billing VAT invoice in addition to your FIT statement;
You will be solely responsible for declaring and paying the VAT shown on the self-billing VAT invoice to HMRC at the correct time. It is not our responsibility to declare the VAT shown on the self-billing agreement.
You must inform us in writing if you require that FIT Payments are made to a Nominated Recipient. We will not start making FIT Payments to the Nominated Recipient until we have all the information that we need to verify that person’s details and update the Central FIT Register accordingly. Even where FIT Payments are being made to a Nominated Recipient, you will remain fully responsible to us for complying with the obligations set out in these terms and conditions, including the obligation to provide Meter Readings;
If you want to change the Nominated Recipient then you must inform us in writing, and provide us with all the information necessary to make this change. We will not start making FIT Payments to the new Nominated Recipient until we have all the information that we need to verify that person’s details and update the Central FIT Register accordingly.
If you want to dispute a payment please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 303 0635 and we will work with you to resolve the issue.
Withholding, reducing or suspending payments
If you do not provide Meter Readings within the required timescale, or if any Meter Readings fail validation, your FIT Payments may be suspended until the following quarter (assuming we have received from you fully updated, valid Meter Readings by the end of the following quarter);
We will have the right to reduce or withhold FIT Payments from you or recoup FIT Payments that have already been made in the following circumstances:
if it has been identified that there has been an error by Ofgem, you or us which has led to us making FIT Payments in excess of your entitlement under the FIT Scheme;
if an abuse of the FIT Scheme is identified by us or Ofgem; and/or
if we are required by the FIT Scheme Rules and/or any direction given to us by Ofgem to reduce, withhold or recoup FIT Payments from you. Examples include but are not limited to situations where you have failed to provide particular information which is required under the FIT Scheme Rules or where information you have provided is discovered to be inaccurate.
If we are notified by Ofgem that your Installation has been suspended or removed from the Central FIT Register or that you have been suspended from participating in the FIT Scheme, we will have the right to suspend payment of any further FIT Payments to you unless and until we are told by Ofgem that we can re-commence making payments to you (either on the same basis as before, or on a reduced basis, if this is what Ofgem requires).
Your metering arrangement
Your generation meter and (if applicable) export meter must be located, where reasonable, in an accessible location. This means your meter must be in a position such that it can easily be read without the use of any equipment (e.g., a ladder or tools). If your Installation is in a rural location, it also means that the building in which the meter is installed is accessible on foot from a public road;
If we consider, following a visit by one of our metering agents/contractors, that your generation meter or export meter is not in an accessible location, we will have the right to require you to pay a reasonable charge. This charge will be based on the additional costs payable to our agent for gaining access.
You must ensure that the generation meter and (if applicable) the export meter comply with the Metering Regulations;
You will be responsible for ensuring that the generation meter and (if applicable) export meter are operating properly.
Export meter requirements
If your Installation has a TIC of 30kW or less, is connected to the grid, and an export meter is not in place, the amount of electricity assumed to have been exported to the grid will be calculated by us on a “deemed” basis in accordance with the FIT Scheme Rules;
If your Installation has a TIC of over 30kW and you wish to claim FIT Payments for electricity exported to the grid, you must ensure that an export meter is in place. If your Installation has a TIC of over 30kW and a compliant export meter is not place, you will not be entitled to claim Export Payments;
You agree to inform us immediately if you install an approved export meter or your export ceases to be deemed for any reason. If you install an export meter you must send us an export Meter Reading on the day the export meter is installed.
Your meter readings
You are aware that the FIT Scheme Rules do not make provision for the use of estimates;
You agree to provide us with accurate Meter Readings on the Eligibility Date, the eligibility end date, and at our reasonable request at any time between the eligibility and the eligibility end date (or until this Agreement is terminated);
We will send you notifications requiring you to provide a Meter Reading. Each notification will explain how to provide the reading as well as the reading date;
All Meter Readings must be provided in accordance with the procedures described in the Confirmation or such revised procedures as we may reasonably introduce and notify to you subsequently. If you do not provide us with a particular Meter Reading, in accordance with the relevant procedure, by the applicable reading date, we will have the right to suspend payment for the quarter in question and not pay you until the following quarter (assuming we have received from you fully updated, valid Meter Readings by the end of the following quarter).
Access to your meters
You must allow access to your generation meter and (if applicable) your export meter, to Bulb (or one of our metering agents/contractors) for the purpose of Meter Readings and inspecting and testing the meters. In the case of the Export Meter, access should also be allowed for maintenance and if appropriate replacement;
We are required by Ofgem to verify your generation meter and (if applicable) your export meter at least once every two years, but we will have the right to carry out verification checks on a more frequent basis;
If our metering agents/contractors are unable to gain access to your site for the purposes described above, we have the right to suspend any FIT payment until we have been able to gain access and verify the accuracy of your Meter Readings;
We have the right to perform, or ask our metering agent/contractor to perform, an accuracy check to Validate any Meter Reading you submit. If this check finds that your readings are inaccurate or abnormal, then we will contact you to request proof of the accuracy of the Meter Reading. If this occurs, you have the responsibility of providing evidence in order for us to accept the Meter Reading. Evidence could include a dated photo, or providing physical access to Bulb and/or our metering agent/contract to verify your meter in person. If we are not satisfied as to the accuracy of the Meter Reading, we will have the right to suspend the relevant FIT Payment for the Quarter in question and not pay you until the following Quarter (assuming we have received from you fully updated, valid Meter Readings by the end of the following quarter).
Meter running backwards
If the import meter at the site of your Installation is running backwards, you must contact us and your electricity supplier (if not us) immediately. If you are not the occupier of the site, you must ensure that the occupier contacts its electricity supplier immediately.
If you have a battery on the same site as your Installation, you agree that the renewable electricity generated by your Installation is not being mixed with any other electricity before it is metered for the purpose of calculating FIT Payments. You agree that you are aware that if the configuration of the Installation is such that non-eligible electricity may be used to calculate FIT payments, we will conclude that any Meter Readings supplied would not reflect accurately the electricity generated by the Installation. You agree that you are aware that if the generation meter is wired after the battery, and/or you are claiming export calculated by reference to an export meter that is wired after the battery, it will not be possible to determine that all FIT Export meter reads are in relation to electricity generated by the FIT Installation, and this implies that FIT export payments cannot be made.
If Bulb becomes aware of other scenarios where a battery (or other storage device) is used and is unsure whether the installation is eligible for payments, we will contact the FIT Compliance Team.
Grid Connection Arrangements
If your Installation is off-grid you will not be entitled to receive an Export Payment, and by entering this Agreement are deemed to have declared: "I hereby declare that it is my intention to use any and all electricity generated by my FIT Installation and that I fully understand that any electricity generated but not so used will not be eligible for FIT payments";
If your Installation is connected to the grid, you must ensure that the Distribution Network Operator has been notified and that you comply with any requirements relating to ongoing use of the grid connection;
If a connection agreement with the network operator, governing the export arrangements, is not already in place, then by exporting electricity to us under this Agreement, we may be required under electricity industry rules to ensure that you enter into a standard connection agreement with the network operator. In this case, we will act on behalf of your network operator to make an agreement with you. The agreement is that you and your network operator both accept the National Terms of Connection (NTC) and agree to keep to its conditions. This will happen from the time that you enter into this Agreement and it affects your legal rights. The NTC is a legal agreement. It sets out rights and duties in relation to the connection where your network operator delivers electricity to, or accepts electricity from, your home or business. If you want a copy of the NTC or have any questions about it, please contact the Energy Networks Association (www.connectionterms.co.uk).
If your Installation has the ability to export, you will make an initial choice about whether to receive the guaranteed export payment or to sell exported electricity on the open market. We will record your decision on the CFR. You will be unable to change your first choice until at least the first anniversary of your participation in the Ofgem FIT scheme. After that date, you are permitted to change your selection to opt in or out, but no more than once every 12 months. We will record your opt-in or opt-out decision on the CFR.
If you move home or business premises and, as part of the move, you cease to be the owner of the Installation, this Agreement will terminate automatically. You must inform us of this. If the new owner of the Installation wishes to register with Bulb for the FIT scheme, you should direct them to us and we will enter into a new agreement with the new owner directly;
If you move home or business premises and, as part of the move, you agree with the new owner/occupant of your home or business premises that you will continue to be the owner of the Installation (for example, by agreeing that you will lease that part of the property in which the Installation is located), then you may keep this Agreement in place. In these circumstances (i.e. where you continue to be the owner of the Installation following the move):
you must notify us of any new address we should use for correspondence;
you must provide us with evidence (for example, a copy of a relevant lease agreement) showing that you continue to be the owner of the Installation even though you have moved; and
it will be your responsibility to ensure you are able to continue complying with your obligations under this Agreement (including providing Meter Readings and allowing us and/or our agents/contractors to gain access to the relevant property).
Termination and Switching
You have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time by informing us and explaining whether you wish to switch to another FIT licensee or withdraw from the FIT Scheme.
If you wish to switch to another FIT Licensee, you will need to apply with your new FIT Licensee so that it can initiate the switching process by making the necessary changes to the Central FIT Register. We will then participate in the switching process as necessary in order to facilitate the switch;
As part of the switching process, you will need to provide your new FIT Licensee with a Meter Reading(s) for the switch date. The new FIT Licensee will then finalise the switch on the Central FIT Register and provide us relevant Meter Reading(s) for the switch date. We will only make a final payment to you under this Agreement when we have received the final Meter Reading(s);
Termination will only take effect once the new FIT Licensee has been registered as your FIT Licensee on the Central FIT Register.
All other terminations
This Agreement will terminate automatically in any of the following circumstances:
if you cease to be the owner of the Installation;
if, for any other reason, you cease to be eligible to continue participating in the FIT Scheme in relation to the Installation (for example because your Eligibility Period has expired); and/or
if at any time we cease to be a FIT Licensee.
We will also have the right to terminate this Agreement immediately, by informing you that we wish to do so, in the following circumstances:
if you fail to comply in a significant way with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and/or
if at any time it is necessary for us to terminate this Agreement in order to comply with the FIT Scheme Rules and/or any direction given by Ofgem.
Any termination will not impact any rights which either you or we may have acquired before the date of termination (for example, you claiming FIT Payments for electricity generated prior to the termination date or, us collecting any overpayments made to you after the termination date).
As long as you comply with your obligations under this Agreement, we will make payments to you at the times and at the rates described in the payments section of this Agreement;
We will not impose any obligations on you which are additional to, or more onerous, than those that are necessary to enable us to meet our obligations under the FIT Scheme;
We will fulfil our obligations under the FIT Scheme as efficiently and expeditiously as possible, so long as we are not prevented from doing so by any act or omission by you;
We will not discriminate without objective justification in terms of changing Relevant Electricity Supplier or the prices for supply and other charges as between FIT generators and other parties to whom electricity is supplied;
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all the information we provide is complete and accurate, is easily understandable, is not misleading, and is otherwise fair, transparent, appropriate and delivered in a professional manner both in terms of content and in terms of how it is presented (with more important information being given appropriate prominence).
We will not be liable to you for any failure to comply with this Agreement which is directly or indirectly caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control;
You will not be liable to us for any failure to comply with this Agreement which is directly or indirectly caused by any circumstances beyond your reasonable control.
You are aware that the FIT Scheme Rules require us to retain the majority of the information you have provided in your Application for 5 years. The FIT Scheme Rules require us to retain the information you have provided us about any public-funded grants you may have received for 10 years;
Information you or the Nominated Recipient provide to us can be used by us, Ofgem and other relevant regulatory authorities, government departments and industry bodies for the purpose of administering, reporting on, auditing and performing statistical analysis on the FIT Scheme;
In addition to the circumstances described in the clause above, information about you or any Nominated Recipient can be shared between us and third parties, including Ofgem, other FIT Licensees and appointed Meter Reading contractors, where we consider this is necessary in order to fulfil Our obligations under this Agreement and/or the FIT Scheme;
Information you provide or that we hold about you or any Nominated Recipient may be used by us, our employees and/or our agents, to help: (1) identify you when you call; (2) detect and prevent of crime, fraud or loss; and (3) administer accounts, services, and products;
We may monitor or record telephone calls, to help improve our customer service, for security purposes, for administering your account and debt recovery purposes;
You must ensure that where you provide us with information relating to any other person (for example, a Nominated Recipient, a joint owner of the Installation or one of your employees) you have permission to do so and have notified that person that his or her information has been provided to us for the purpose of this Agreement.
Changes to this Agreement
From time to time, we may update this Agreement to comply with changes to laws or regulations, or where our business necessitates a change to this Agreement.
Should you have any question, comment or complaint relating to this Agreement and/or your participation in the FIT Scheme via us, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss this via phone (0300 303 0635) or email (email@example.com).
We will participate in the complaints procedure on disputes in relation to compliance with obligations under the FIT Scheme Rules.
If you ever need free, impartial advice or help to understand your rights and next steps, you can contact Citizens Advice. Their website is www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy and their phone number is 03454 04 05 06). You can also contact the Energy Ombudsman (their website is www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy and their phone number is 0330 440 1624).
In the event of a company restructure, change of ownership or another event required as part of our general course of business, we may transfer any of our rights or obligations under this Agreement and it may not be possible to notify you or seek your permission beforehand;
If we need to serve a notice on you in connection with this Agreement, we will use either your email address or postal address that you have provided to us. If we post a notice to you in connection with this Agreement, it will be assumed to have been delivered two working days after it was posted unless it is issued to you by hand or email in which case it will be considered to have been delivered immediately;
This Agreement, any other agreements you receive from us, and any documents explicitly referred to in this Agreement, are the entire agreement between you and us;
Nothing in this Agreement affects our legal rights or powers. Nothing in this Agreement affects any of your statutory rights that can’t be excluded by law;
If any part of this Agreement is void or unenforceable, the rest of the Agreement will be unaffected;
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales for generation in England and Wales, by the laws of Scotland for generation in Scotland;
If, at any time, we do not enforce any part of this Agreement, it will not stop us from doing so in the future;
This Agreement is personal to you, as the owner of the Installation, and so cannot be transferred by you to anyone else.